The blue screen

Got the blue screen of death on my computer last night.  Soooooo, we shall see what can be retrieved when I take it in tomorrow.  Funny, I was complaining about my albums not getting exported over to my WP blog, and now I don’t have any at all.  Well, technically I do.  The ones in my posts here, plus the albums still over at Opera.  I guess I better get them over here.  Too bad I’ve deleted a few of them. What a pain!    b869f-first20attempt20w20flame

About pam

I am retired from real 9 to 5 jobs. I do my artwork and occasionally write poetry. In September 2010, I moved to Fargo, ND after spending 60 years in Phoenix, Arizona. Now, five years later, July 2015, I'm back in Arizona. And yes, I love the heat!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The blue screen

  1. Bloody hell! A fine howdy-do, eh? Well, depending on what they can get off your HD (you’re probably going to need a new one), be sure to burn it to a disc when you get a chance.

  2. gdare says:

    It might be nothing serious, just a trouble with some .dll file. Will keep my fingers crossed 🙂

  3. pammiejean48 says:

    dW and Darko, I’ve a feeling doing the export to WordPress was too much for it. I’m wondering if I should have deleted the .xml and zip files after the export. Hadn’t done that yet. They might have been taking up too much room. However, the latest scan I did said I’d only used 5% of my space. I bought it 2006 or 2007, can’t remember. It was very expensive, paid way too much for it…the fault of me being taken in by a charming, fast talking salesman. You’d think as old as I am, I wouldn’t put up with such shenanigans. Pisses me off really. At least I saved my poems to a USB before my move 3 yrs ago but there was no room for anything else. I took a chance. Let’s hope my journal and photos can be retrieved.

  4. Deb Platt says:

    I hope your computer dilemma will be resolved soon.

  5. Mit says:

    I hope it wouldn’t be as bad as you thought.

  6. pammiejean48 says:

    It turns out to have been a virus. I asked them how come the Norton didn’t catch it and he said that new viruses are being developed every day and sometimes one comes through. He also said to make sure I update and scan once a week. I thought I’d been doing that but maybe I missed a few days. Anyway, the cost will be under a hundred.

    I’m going to wait till Monday to pick it up.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s