Mia and Grammy Pam

Just received these in an email. There are several more which I will add at a later date. Mia had just started smiling when I left. Looking at the photos makes me smile and makes my heart sing.

56 Responses to Mia and Grammy Pam

Pam, Mia is so cute. :)Great photos.

Originally posted by Unasia:

you get the awwwwww award of the month!

+1 :yes:

you get the awwwwww award of the month!:yes:

Adorable!!! both of you! Mia is a beauty! thanks for sharing Pam!I wish you a long and happy/healthy life to enjoy many more grandkids! :love:

Oh, look at that FACE! She's a sweetheart!You're a lucky grandma, Pam.And I think she's a lucky granddaughter.:heart:

6. Frlmnk says:

She's cute as a button lady!How's the flooring comin' along?

Oh, Mia is so adorable, so lovely and also grammy :love: I can't wait to see more photos of you two ^^Have a good week and lots of fun with the "home project" πŸ˜€

Angeliki: Thank you…she is adorable for sure.Clance: Awwwww is right when they start making faces back at you and smiling. Nothing cuter. Thanks Clance. Darko: +1 for you too! Carol and Star: Thank you. Tom: Cute as a button for sure, thank you.Going slow on the flooring. My son is supposed to come over tomorrow to help. Just cutting the darn carpeting wears me out. I do it in small portions….less flying dust that way. But I know my son will do it in bigger pieces, so I'm moving books and knick knacks out of the room because I don't want to have to clean them afterwards. I'll be moving smaller furniture tonight, then the bigger stuff when he's here.

She is precious Pam, and that's a killer smile—-on BOTH your faces. Thanks for sharing Mia with us.

Yes … you'll be more comfortable.I think. The weather in the Northern Plains is … well, dicey.She's a sweet one, Pam.

I was thinking August or September. August would be a good time to get away from the summer heat in Phoenix but I might not go till Thanksgiving.

I vote for August. :happy:

13. thaodp says:

Aww, love this pictures. Mia is so cute. Both of you look great, Pam :heart:

Mit: You posted a tenth of a second before I did! Thank you. Deb: We shall see.

L.D.: Thank you. Next time I go back I will have a nice digital camera and be able to bring pics back with me. My 30 yr old Pentax 35 mm SLR is finally going to be put to rest. It's too heavy to carry around, along with the telephoto lens; plus the film has been jamming up lately.Linda: Thanks. First time she smiled at me, I melted. Can't wait to get back there again.

Originally posted by ellinidata:

Adorable!!!

What she said. :DOriginally posted by PainterWoman:

Next time I go back

Any idea when this might be? :sst: Totally awesome that you were there just as she was starting to smile.

17. DpRabbit says:

Ohh, Mia is so SWEET, so CUTE, so ADORABLE! :flirt: :love: :sing: Look at her, she was smiling and talking with Grandma. :heart:Thanks for sharing the lovely pics and i look forward to more pics of both of you, Mia and Grandma. Have a good week, Pam.

18. Frlmnk says:

It's getting too crowded and confusing for me again. I'm going back out into the back yard to play.

dW: Thank you. Yes, the weather in the northern plains can be pretty dicey. I was lucky the two times I went in the winter. It was cold but no blizzards. Tom: I go into my back yard often. It's sort of a haven for me. I call it puttsing rather than playing.Rabbit: Thank you. Yes, she was talking too…or trying to. When they start making these little sounds as if they are trying to say something, it is so cute. It makes you wonder what they are saying. You have a good week too.

awesome it is when you you see that brand new being being in a state of wonder. :happy:thanks for sharing the photos. :heart:i think they are trying to say something like "i am so glad to be here with you." πŸ’‘

They certainly are in a state of wonder Scott. The first few weeks all they know how to do is cry, pee, poop, sleep and eat. Then suddenly they start becoming aware of everything and everyone around them. It is a delight to watch them learn. Originally posted by I_ArtMan:

"i am so glad to be here with you."

I was thinking along those lines. I kept saying "I love you" and she made this long cooing sound as if she was saying it right back.

22. marmaze says:

She looks very 'adult' for her age, and her eyes are full of optimistic interest -I hope she will retain this outlook on life!:) :queen: ⭐

I like the sound of "Grammy Pam" — very cute! πŸ˜€

24. thaodp says:

Pam, you're welcome :)Originally posted by Dacotah:

Mit's name is Linda?

Hihi, no, Carol – that was Linda's comment which Pam repliedOriginally posted by L2D2:

My real name is thαΊ£o (in my username) that means grass in English πŸ™‚

Deb: I kinda like it too.Marmaze: To me, she almost looks like a three month old. I guess because she was such a big baby when first born. She is five weeks in these photos. Carol: Oh, Mit got back here before I did and answered. Mit: I think it's interesting how Vietnamese names mean things. My daughter-in-law's name means Moon…..I think. It is Hang. I might be wrong though as I got very confused there with my son translating for me and also her brothers. I felt my head was spinning. πŸ˜†

You are welcome. Mit's name is Linda?

I see there is a user with the name LD that I didn't see. So when she replied to LD and Linda L2D2 I thought she was calling Linda LD for short and calling you Linda. :DThanks ThαΊ£o. πŸ™‚

28. thaodp says:

Pam, you're right, her name means Moon. Mine and your daughter-in-law's name are Sino-Vietnamese names. I'm confused sometimes when trying to find out the meaning of a name πŸ˜† Carol, you're welcome πŸ™‚

so sweet! she is so happy! and adorable (like her grandma!) congratulations, again, Pam!!

30. shushio says:

Beautiful baby, beautiful Grammy, beautiful pic!I'll join Clance in the awwwww's – she is so damn gorgeous :happy: :DThe expression on her face in the first one is just a stunner.Looking forward to seeing more as and when u post 'em up πŸ™‚

πŸ˜€

Jill, Shu and Lan: Thanks. Yeah, that first photo is my favorite. When she made that big smile, my heart just fluttered.

33. Huong Lan says:

Mia looks so so cute!!! I like the 1st photo a lot. It makes me smile… :happy:

European names mean things, too … but we've forgotten the meanings, usually.

35. HeatherL says:

That is a such a sweet baby!

dW: You're right. I always forget what mine means. Have to look it up each time on a site called Behind the Name. Heather: Thank you. Yes, she's a sweetie. And welcome.

When she made that big smile, my heart just fluttered.

When I saw that big smile, I wanted to hold her, too. :happy: You are one lucky grammy.Originally posted by derWandersmann:

European names mean things, too … but we've forgotten the meanings, usually.

My first name is from the Hebrew word for "Bee". I actually remember that every time I see Pam's avatar.

38. Cynthia23 says:

Pam, she adores you!! Wow, really wonderful moments captured there. :heart:

I agree, the Awww Award for sure. Great photos Pam!

I remember reading somewhere that my name meant "honey" or "all sweetness"

Sweet!

Deb: Just now I remember reading somewhere that my name meant "honey" or "all sweetness". That would certainly go with the bees. πŸ˜€ Cynthia and Ed: Thanks. I keep looking at the pictures every day. She will know one day that I adore her.

42. Cynthia23 says:

Pam, I am sure she feels it now. πŸ™‚

43. Henar says:

Pam, sheΒ΄s soooooooo cute!!!!! I love the first pict!!!!! Looks like you both were having the time of your life!!!!!:)

44. daxonmacs says:

Oh my, she's really cute!!And that big smile ( I just imagine some sound came with it ), priceless!You tried very well to hide your pride and joy, but totally failed at doing so. Who wouldn't?I agree with the others, Granny Pam sounds good.

45. cakkleberrylane says:

What a beautiful baby!! I know what you mean that you smile when you look at the photos. I do that too!

In the 2nd Pic, Mia seems to have suddenly gotten a brilliant idea. It's almost as if she's thinking, "By jove! You know … I believe I know exactly what I want for my dinner."

Originally posted by Suntana:

Mia seems to have suddenly gotten a brilliant idea.

I hadn't noticed this at first, but now that you mention it, it does seem like she's been struck with a brilliant idea. But I think it's because she's just worked out the science behind cold fusion. πŸ˜†

Originally posted by Cynthia23:

am sure she feels it now.

I think you might be right.Originally posted by Henar:

Looks like you both were having the time of your life!!!!!

It surely was and can't wait to go back.Originally posted by daxonmacs:

You tried very well to hide your pride and joy, but totally failed at doing so.

I am one of those who wears her heart on her sleeve….as the saying goes. Originally posted by cakkleberrylane:

I know what you mean that you smile when you look at the photos.

You just can't help doing so.Originally posted by Suntana:

Mia seems to have suddenly gotten a brilliant idea.

Originally posted by debplatt:

I think it's because she's just worked out the science behind cold fusion.

Hahahaha…..I think you two are right. I was thinking something to do with quantum physics…but I'm not even sure what that is.

49. SittingFox says:

Congratulations again to you and your family Pam! πŸ™‚

Originally posted by debplatt:

It was either that or she's doing an impression of Elvis' quivering lip.