My Granddaughter has been born!

Little Mia Suzanna was born at 10:48pm this evening (North Dakota time).

She was 9 lbs. 10 oz. and 20 1/2 inches.

I'm officially a grandma and extremely happy!

I apologize to everyone for being gone so long but I've been
really busy with many labor intensive things around my house.
Because I'm so exhausted by nightfall, I've been going to bed
much earlier and sleeping really well. I'll visit a few new blog
posts in the morning but then it's back to the grind to finish
some projects, paintings and landscaping.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

133 Responses to My Granddaughter has been born!

1. mebemon says:

Congratulation…

Congratulations on becoming a Grandma, Pam! A Big Welcome to Mia Suzanna! As to your Blog, Pam? Don't worry about it. We all do what we can depending on what's going on. During my 1st year on the OC, I maintained a solid pace of 1 Post per week. On my 2nd year … Nnnnggg, NOT quite that. Just more stuff going on and so I put up a new Blog Post whenever I feel I can. Don't want to stress out over, "OMG! The weekend is here again! What am I gonna Post about?!" :yikes: Or sometimes the topic is there, but NOT the time for writing.So yeah, Pam, just Blog whenever the time allows. :up:

Originally posted by Suntana:

just Blog whenever the time allows.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had been planning on journaling after she was born — recording my experiences as a new mom, and describing my daughter's experiences and milestones as a "new person". I thought it would be like a keepsake for her when she was older.Eeeee. Wrong. I was so busy and tired out being a new mom that journaling went completely out the window. 😀

Oh, now I see why you are so looking forward to your trip to North Dakota 😀 Mia is sooooo lovely! Enjoy your weekend!

I am waiting eagerly for you to paint her amidst a heavenly landscape . Have you thought of that yet? I am sure you have. Haha! Kind regards to the happy Granny.

6. marmaze says:

Na sas zisi! (That's Greek; the translation is "May she live for you", but it implies "May she have a happy life, and may she be a source of joy for you".)

Congratulations and best wishes, Pam. You know my sister was born on March 17th.

She is cute :awww:

9. Weatherlawyer says:

Just thought of some nursery rhymes:Diddle diddle dumpling my son John went to bed with one shoe on.Three shoes off and one shoe on.Diddle diddle dumpling my son John.Little Boy Blue come blow your horn, the cow's in the meadow, the sheep's in the corn.Where is the boy who looks after the sheep?Asleep in the barn with Little Bo Peep.I used to know loads of them.

PS I hope your daughter and family are doing okay with all the renewed flooding and such. :wizard:

I'm glad she's staying there. Lots of people looking in on her.

That is reassuring. Originally posted by PainterWoman:

Mia is fine but she hates having her diaper changed and screams bloody murder.

Being a new person is difficult.

Have been talking with my daughter every day. She was going to be released today but because of a fever they are keeping her there till Monday. I'm glad she's staying there. Lots of people looking in on her. Kathy told me, Mia is fine but she hates having her diaper changed and screams bloody murder. The second the blanket is swaddled all around her again, she stops screaming. I just smiled thinking of the memories.

Kim: Thank you. Carlos: Thanks. At the beginning I was posting twice a week and did that for quite a while. Then was trying to keep it at once a week or there abouts. Now, all the things I've planted a few years ago are bigger and it all needs trimming more often plus I'm painting again so I have to cut back on something. There just are not enough hours in the day.Deb: I seem to remember wanting to keep a journal too after giving birth….never happened.Jean: Thank you. Have thought of painting butterfly wings on her in a garden. She sort of looks like a little cocoon.L.D.: Thank you. Now my daughter wishes I'd made the tickets for now. The recovery for a c-section takes longer. Luckily her husband will be home for three weeks. Plus, her neighbors on either side of her I'm sure would help if needed.Marmaze: "Na sas zisi!" What a beautiful phrase. Thank you. I have another Greek friend, Angeliki, who probably knows that. Edward: Thank you. Now Tass is the second person I found out has the same birthday as Mia. Regarding the flooding, Kathy hasn't said much about it. Last year this time, she and her husband were sandbagging. I haven't heard much about it on the news. I think I'll go check my Red River site and see how high it's getting.Darko: Awww…yes she sure is cute. I can't wait to snuggle her warm cheek against mine.WL: Yup, I remember those. I read to my kids all the time and Kathy took all my kids books with her when she first was teaching. I may add some kids art books to Mia's library. I have a few I bought in France specifically for giving to a future grandchild.

😆

Originally posted by debplatt:

Being a new person is difficult.

Exactly…..and considering she didn't want to come out in the first place.

Ah, damn! I can't find my copy of Pogo's Mother Goosery Rinds.

considering she didn't want to come out in the first place.

She's probably still irked. 😀

dW: Mother Goosery Rinds? :DG.W.: Thank you. I don't know who you are. It's strange, when I click on your avatar it says you are not a member of Opera. But thank you for visiting.

19. ĐứcTrần says:

Congrats, Mrs.Pam! ^__^

20. Skip247 says:

Congratulations to you and your family. A beautiful baby and it looks like she is destined for great things in her life. I share your joy. 😀

21. danglai says:

It's wonderful.Congratulations Grandmother.

dW: Mother Goosery Rinds?

Ah … too young to remember, eh? Not even "As I was going to St. Ives …"?Originally posted by PainterWoman:

That is queer, isn't it, Pam? I wonder how he got in … he/she must have registered, posted the message, and unregistered.

23. bãO says:

Wow,congratulations!

24. kentsopera says:

Hi Pam, Happy Spring and Grandmothering, I know both will please you!
    WARPEDCHERRY.COM

25. Weatherlawyer says:

Maybe they got canned for spam.Join > post a lot of busy sites > post a Nedvert for any that look em up > Banned.

26. kentsopera says:

:coffee: 😀

Skip: Thank you. It truly is a joyful occasion. Dang Lai: Thank you. Grandmother has a very nice sound to it.dW: Oh, I remember Mother Goose Rhymes, I'd just never heard them referred to Mother Goosery Rinds. I thought it was cute. Thu: Thank you. WL: Actually, in my notifications it said the name Duc Tran who called herself Ducie. She was very nice but I think she closed her blog. Why it said that name then the G.W. on the actual post, I do not know. Kent: Thank you for the beautiful spring flowers.

28. Weatherlawyer says:

What do you call a kid who keeps you awake all night?…………………..Migrainedaughter

Mother Goosery Rinds. 😆 Must be a variety of pork rinds for children. Gotta start those kids off eating right!Serve with the Jack and Jill Tobasco sauce. Hotta!:)

Well, this was Pogo's (Walt Kelly's) version, with Albert as Mother Goose and Pogo as a travelling musician. Albert was unsatisfied with the correct answer (one), and so decided to ask how many were going to Altoona, Pa.

31. Olgita says:

Dear Pam!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS to you, your daughter and all family!!!HELLO Little Mia Suzanna!!!! Welcome to the world!!!!!!! Be healthy and happy!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Originally posted by Weatherlawyer:

Migrainedaughter

:sst: Just in case you were worrying that no one got your joke. 😛

Ed: Pork rinds for children….Hahaha….and yucky too. I never liked them.WL: Yep, I'm sure there will be a few migraines.dW: I remember Pogo when I was a kid but didn't have those books for my own. Maryam and Olga: Thank you.

Deprived childhood, Pam.

🙄 Yes, and I heard many years later my kids sometimes traded their healthy lunches with kids who had the Twinkies and other sweet stuff.

My kids thought they were deprived because I didn't buy Twinkies for their lunches. 😆

I didn't buy Twinkies for their lunches.

Hmm. The way I remember the school cafeteria was that it was something like a commodities market. So your mom won't pack any junk food for you? That can be rectified. :devil:

38. Weatherlawyer says:

Well balanced diets or well balanced kids. Personally I'd home school but I am a recidivist cave man.

39. Huong Lan says:

Congratulation, grandma Pam!!! :happy: :yes:

40. Harrrie says:

How wonderful! Congratulations to you and your family, very exciting to have a new member, enjoy your time together xx

WL: If I had it to do over, I might have home schooled my kids for the first couple of years. After that, I wouldn't be qualified.Lan and Harrie: Thank you. I finally heard her on the phone the other day while she was being changed. She still hates it and screams. Eventually, she'll get used to it.

42. Weatherlawyer says:

You mean when she discovers what shoe shops are for and Shopping Malls? Better start selling some paintings.

LOLOn the other hand, my daughter didn't mind me changing her … she had something in her poop that caused her butt, and anything else it touched, to blister and peel … I would wash her up in cool water, and she seemed to appreciate that.

Originally posted by Weatherlawyer:

Better start selling some paintings.

Her grandpa is 100 times better off than I am so I'm sure he'll provide.Originally posted by derWandersmann:

blister and peel

Ouch, I'm sure that burned. Only one of mine got like that…my son. But I was working at the time and had to leave him at a child care place. I hated that. They weren't changing him often enough I don't think because he'd be all cleared up over the weekend, then by mid week, he'd be all red again. Once I changed child care places, he was fine. Thinking of that makes me wish all the more I could move and take care of Mia myself when my daughter goes back to work in two months or so.

45. thesamanyolu says:

Owwww… MAMMAMİAAAAA…. What great news …. Congratulations to you and your daughter, Pam! CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA She´s soooooo cute. The picture is wonderful – she's such a gorgeous little person. I know you are excited to see your daughter and Mia. I hope your daughter is doing good now.Mia Suzanna is a beautiful and healthy looking baby.:love: :heart:

46. Weatherlawyer says:

What art galleries do they have in hwer neck of the woods? See if they have any facilities that could give your work a boost.Once you are up and running you'll soon e at home.You are never too old only too dead.

Have you broached this with your daughter, yet?

Thanks WL. I have sold paintings in the past and I will do so again. I'm thinking of having a 'retrospective' exhibition at the community college I attended for many years. No phone calls have been made yet. But then again, money will have to put out for framing. Only in the underground scene can you tack stuff on the wall with thumb tacks.

Nevin: Thank you. Yes, great news and I think she's a gorgeous little person too. I will see her in two weeks. WL: We have many galleries here but they are all high end galleries. There is also the 'underground' art scene. I've been both routes. The better galleries was about 15 years ago, just before my divorce. Then I had no money for framing and went the underground route. By that I mean, shows for one night in coffee shops, small galleries on the trolley route during First Fridays, etc. That was exhausting because I had to hang it, stand around and talk to people for 4 to 6 hours, then take down all myself. If I was younger, I'd continue doing it because it is fun standing around, drinking wine and talking about art. Deb: She and I have discussed it. She's wanted me to move there for a few years actually. I've mulled it over and over in my head and keep coming to the fact that I don't think I could take the winters there. 40 below wind chill just sounds unreal. But we shall see. If I know my daughter, she checked out the day cares very well. More than I knew how to do 40 yrs ago.

50. Weatherlawyer says:

With decent galleries there -if – you should be able to get far enough off the ground to become a snow bird.Anyway, whatever happens I wish you the very best.