My Granddaughter has been born!

Little Mia Suzanna was born at 10:48pm this evening (North Dakota time).

She was 9 lbs. 10 oz. and 20 1/2 inches.

I'm officially a grandma and extremely happy!

I apologize to everyone for being gone so long but I've been
really busy with many labor intensive things around my house.
Because I'm so exhausted by nightfall, I've been going to bed
much earlier and sleeping really well. I'll visit a few new blog
posts in the morning but then it's back to the grind to finish
some projects, paintings and landscaping.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

133 Responses to My Granddaughter has been born!

Congratulations to you and your daughter, Pam! maybe a nod of acknowledgement to the dad, and a welcome to the wee one.Kinda short baby, by my family's standards … and heavy.

Many congratulations, Pam! Exciting news! And what a pretty name, too. Does she happen to be Irish?I assumed your absence was due to the baby being born, but congratulations, too, on all of your accomplishments around your home! That must feel really good. Glad you are sleeping well, too.

Thanks dW. Kathy was a big baby too. She was 9.1 and 20 and a 1/2 inches. I'm going there next month. Wish I was there right now but my son in law has three weeks off from work and Kathy wants alone time with just the three of them. Kinda nice now when companies give new father's paid leave too.

Congrats, Pam! Best wishes to you, Kathy, Dad and Baby! :hat::hat::hat::heart:

5. thetomster says:

:hat: congratulations to mother, father, grandmother … may she have a splendid life :wizard:

Congratulations grandma Pam!!! :cheers: :hat:

7. SqueakeyCat says:

congrats, grandma lol

8. norfrid says:

Congratulations! It must be nice having many projects to finish and a granddaughter to spoil.

9. LinhMoon says:

Congratulations :flirt: :wizard: :drunk: :yes:

10. kentsopera says:

CONGRATULATIONS PAM, I HOPE YOU AND YOURS ARE DOING WELL! WARM REGARDS!

Congratulations Pam. That is really nice that they can be together for awhile. Hope to see a photo too.

12. shehu21 says:

Sweet! Congratulations grandma, welcome to another dimension.

13. cakkleberrylane says:

Congratulations!!! She was a very good size! My granddaughter was less than half that when she was born.Congratulations to the new Mom and Dad too!

14. thaodp says:

Congratulations, Pam :hat: :hat:

15. Dudley says:

:hat: Congratulations Grandma! :hat:

16. SittingFox says:

Congratulations!

:coffee:

Thrilling news, Pam! Congratulations! :hat: :hat: :hat:Don't worry about your absence here. Glad you are getting so much done and resting well. ๐Ÿ™‚

19. BabyJay99 says:

:hat: Congratulations Lady Pam :wine: :hat:

Congratulation :wizard: Welcome to the world, little Mia :love: It's good to have you back, Pam. Paintings and landscaping sound fun, enjoy ^^

Congratulations on becoming a grandma! all the best to your daughter and to the newborn baby girl Mia !!

22. DpRabbit says:

:flirt: :flirt: :love: :wizard: :hat:

Opera is acting up this morning. I'll be back later today.

24. daxonmacs says:

Congratulations, once more :DThat's one healthy baby, judging by the size and weight :yes:Enjoy your new member of the family.

Thanks everyone! Yes, she was a big healthy baby. Just found out my daughter had to have a c-section, something that was not planned. I missed her call this morning and will call her back later because she said she was going to try and sleep….something she hadn't done since 5am yesterday. She'll be in the hospital till Saturday. Went outside to work for 45 minutes, came back inside and Opera seems to have corrected itself.

26. Weatherlawyer says:

If the modem is still playing up. Switch everything off at the mains and then reboot after a pause.

27. Weatherlawyer says:

9 lbs. 10 ozLittle Mia?What does a big one clock out at?

Little Mia is not so little! That's a fine size little girl. Chris weighed 6 pounds. Congratulations to the new grandma and to the new parents. Hope that baby stays healthy and happy always. Now you have grandma bragging rights. lol.Can't wait to see pictures of Mia. What's her whole name?

29. Weatherlawyer says:

:queen: ๐Ÿ˜€

Was just sent a picture and added it to the post. Still going back and forth trying to get things done around here but I find I'm going in circles and unable to concentrate. All I want to do is look at her and pick her up. Darn…..now I'm blubbering.

I just saw the baby picture !Mia is beautiful!!!!!

Pam, just precious beautiful little girl Mia is. She was born the 17th of March right?

What a wonderful photo! I think I'd be wandering around, unable to concentrate, too.

34. Frlmnk says:

Congrats again! ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh, what a sweetie! Bet you are feeling frustrated right now cause you can't hold her and kiss that sweet little neck (my favorite spot on a tiny.)

Thanks so much everyone. I'm really beside myself….er….outside myself….or something. Every time I come inside the house, I come to look at the photo. Mia looks a lot like Kathy did. Dad is fine. He spent the night at the hospital. Neither got much sleep though. He changed Mia's very first diaper! Just spoke to Kathy about an hour ago and she told me about the unplanned c-section because it wasn't mentioned to me last night on the phone. She wanted to be the one to tell me about it. I won't go into details but it had something to do with Kathy's blood pressure. I will say she was scared out of her mind at the prospect of a c-section. One detail she told me was that when the doctor held Mia up, everyone in the delivery room exclaimed "Wow, what a big girl!". No one had expected her to be such a big baby. She was already a few days passed her due date so if she'd gone any longer, she might have been 10 lbs!

I know you are excited to see your daughter and Mia. I hope your daughter is doing good now. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am glad Mia came to the world without working very very hard for her way out! She looks beautiful!I am glad Kathy is well, and I am very glad that, at the end she did stay in bed! Please give her my love! :heart:PSI hope you send the picture to a photo print place in your area i.e. Walgreens or Target.. make a few prints for Kathy's dad and you can display it in every room in your home! It is only 10cents per print! ๐Ÿ™‚

39. Phantom2 says:

:hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: Congatulation Pam! Now you get to spoil a child with no guilt! ๐Ÿ˜†

40. DBabbit says:

Congratulations, Grandma, and best wishes to the new parents! You'll be spoiling Mia rotten soon! ๐Ÿ™‚ It's about time fathers started getting to take leave for the births of their children. What a blessing that's going to be for Kathy! Send them my love, and give Mia a cuddle from me when you get to hold her. :heart:

She's damned lucky that doc was on deck enough to spot that blood pressure. It sounds like she was going into a pre-eclampsia condition. I don't know the protein figures for her urine, but I'd say it was a safe bet. Anyway, that doc certainly saved her a lot of grief, and maybe her life. Thank your lucky stars, Pam … losing a daughter is rough enough, but being 1,000 miles away when it happens … you'd never forgive yourself.She should be monitored closely in any subsequent pregnancies, and they should probably be Cรฆsarians, too.

42. Cynthia23 says:

Wonderful news, Pam! Mia really is a perfect baby! What a very happy time for your Family! Yes, it is so cool that Dad can be home for a few weeks. I am sure you are so excited to visit. Look forward to the new pictures. ๐Ÿ™‚ Congratulations! Cheers to Your Family :wine:

chiming in a little late. i didn't see the post until just now.she's perfect. that is big for a baby. congratulations pam… grandma. kind of hard to process. i know. i was just told that i am a great grand father last month. i don't feel that old. :happy:

she is just beautiful! love the picture, Pam! hope your daughter's recovery from the C is swift, too. exciting times!

45. Weatherlawyer says:

She looks wrapped up like a Chinese spring roll. Could you eat her?

46. shushio says:

Hey Pam ๐Ÿ™‚ Congratulations!! What great news :happy:The pic is wonderful – she's such a gorgeous little person.

47. Henar says:

CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA!!!!! Sheยดs soooooo cute!!!!!And I love the name!!!!:hat:

48. Henar says:

49. ForestFloor says:

Congratulations Pam!! :hat: Mia Suzanna is a beautiful and healthy looking baby. I hope you have a wonderful day today in the mountains ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks so much for all of your comments everyone about the new joy in my life. I haven't been my usual self when it comes to my blog lately and I'm sorry for not acknowledging each one of you individually. I was getting bogged down with chores around my house for one thing but began painting again for another so the computer time had to be put on the back burner for a while. It will probably remain that way. All the chores around my house has me considering moving to a condo with a smaller yard. But then, of course, there'd be condo fees which can be pretty high. Not sure what I'm going to do. I will keep plugging away in the meantime. I've always enjoyed yardwork but as I've gotten older, it's just gotten harder. Painting and enjoying the prospect of being a grandma is making it feel less like work. I will go visit my daughter and son in law in four weeks. Would you believe I've already taken my suitcase out of the closet? ๐Ÿ˜† It's just a small one that fits right under the seat in front of me on the plane but holds what I need perfectly. I can't wait to see the joy on their faces and the two of them holding her and, of course, to hold her myself. I know they are elated. Today, I'm meeting my best friend for our semi-annual coffee meet up. She's an artist who lives up in the mountains near Flagstaff. She's down in the valley often to clean the house where her husband lives and to do his laundry but calls me when she has an extra day. Then, later, I'm taking several of my small monoprints to be framed for Mia's room.