Will 2010 be MY year? I hope so and I hope it’s yours too.

I don’t know why but at the end of each year, I say the next new one will be MY year. “Your year for what?” you say….well, maybe to win the lottery? Buying a ticket might help. Meeting someone charming and wonderful who doesn’t lie? That won’t happen unless I get out of the house. Going out on the town would expose me to some possibilities but then I’m not sure I’m really interested. I’m pretty content living alone with my dogs. Maybe I’ll sell a painting at the exhibition I plan on entering in a few weeks. Hmmmm……….Ah well, it will be MY year whatever happens won’t it?

I do know one thing for certain, in two weeks, I'll be leaving my sunny 50 degree Phoenix to visit my daughter again in Fargo where it's zero degrees. See temps for Fargo here.

I think I'll be having lots of these.

Hope all of you have a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous 2010! Stay safe.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Will 2010 be MY year? I hope so and I hope it’s yours too.

How long are you going to be gone, Pam? I'm glad you will be with your kids, but I don't envy you the weather.Are you going to do a post on the exhibition you are entering? What are you entering? How many? I want to see it. Take videos.

Carol and dW: Thank you. I know I'll enjoy the trip, maybe even the cold. We shall see.

Happy New Year, and have a great trip!

Linda, it'll just be another four day trip. Kathy's best friend is giving her a baby shower and Kathy really wanted me to be there. The weather will be an experience for sure.Not even sure what I've going to enter. It'll have to be something already framed and ready to go because I cannot afford to have anything else framed right now. I will take photos of the exhibition if what I submit gets accepted. 3 pieces can be submitted at $20 each. If you are not accepted, the money is non-refundable….but that's how it goes.

Happy New Year Pam. Enjoy the baby shower and the snow. 🙂

Wow, you have so much snow in sunny Phoenix? :yikes: I don`t want to know how it is when it is cloudy :faint::PWell, if you spend more time out of house but with dogs in the house, maybe someone will approach you during that exhibition, for instance :whistle: Maybe men in Phoenix are just afraid of your guarding angels sitting next to you :DHappy New Year, Pam!!!

That is a huge Mastiff! They are such sweet dogs, most of them.

Happy New Year, Pam!Have a safe and happy trip!:hat::smile:

:insane:

10. thetomster says:

:jester: :wizard: HAPPY NEW YEAR, Pam !!! :wizard: :jester:it'll be YOUR year … like it'll be OUR year in 2010 on OC :up:… have a safe and happy trip!

11. norfrid says:

Have a nice trip, Pam, and a Happy New Year! 🙂

12. pabha says:

Happy New Year!Have a nice trip! 🙂

Happy New Year Pam. And I just looked at Fargo temps as of 6;42am est its a balmy 1deg f. Just remember hats,gloves, boots.

14. cakkleberrylane says:

Oh my! That is a LOT of snow! And Fargo would appear to be VERY cold. And here I am with a jacket on in the house and it's 63.Have a wonderful time, keep warm and bring us some pictures!

A toast to our year, 2010!:hat::drunk::hat:When I checked Fargo's weather, it was a balmy -3 degrees F. :cold: But for just a few days, I'm confident that you can make a go of it!Here's hoping the trip is fantastic, your paintings are accepted in the exhibition, and that 2010 really is a happy, new year for us all!

16. Huong Lan says:

Chuc Mung Nam Moi, Pam!!!! (Happy New Year!) 🙂

17. Dudley says:

Happy New Year, and have a great trip!

18. anonymous says:

Ellinor/Stemmeretten writes:I really hope that 2010 will be your year.Happy new year!

19. kentsopera says:

HERE IS HOPING 2010 AND BEYOND ARE ALL OUR YEARS!HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL AND IT'S YOUR GRANDMA YEAR PAM.HAVE A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE TRIP TO YOUR FAMILY, THE WEATHER IS EXACTLY WHAT IS HERE AND NOW IN NORWAY, PIECE-OF-CAKE LADY.WARM REGARDS FROM COLD NORWAY,KENT

Ahhh, to wake up to Opera being temporarily unavailable, then finally seeing all these nice greetings. Thank you one and all. I'm feeling really good about 2010. Maybe it's because of a doctor's check up yesterday. My blood pressure and heart rate are good. Had some blood work done too but won't know how that is till the 21st of January. I'm really curious about my cholesterol, triglycerides, etc. I think I've been eating pretty healthy but I DO have a few bad habits. Like just discovering Nutella, maybe putting too much salt on certain foods, loving Pepsi and potato chips with a sandwich and NOT diligently walking every single day. I don't over do any of the bad stuff but the walking should be a no brainer. It keeps the joints from locking up among other things. There is NO excuse whatever for me not to take my walks when the weather is so nice here. DpRabbit: Love the graphic. Darko: That's quite a huge Mastiff. Met one once and he was like a giant teddy bear.Linda: I've heard too that they are good dogs.Dirk, Norfrid, Jimmy and Clance: Thanks. The trip will be fun and I won't forget the warm stuff to wear. Lois: I wear a second layer in my house when it's below 70.Lan, Deb, Andy, Elinor and Kent: A hearty Happy New Year to you too.

@Pam – You have a dog, don't you? Does your dog accompany you on your walks? The fact that it's such a huge deal to my dog helps me get out when the weather is not so very pleasant.

I have two dogs and used to take them on walks. I stopped quite a while ago because there were two dogs in particular getting out and running loose often. I didn't trust them nor any of the other large ones I'd see. Way too many get loose in my neighborhood. Mine are pretty docile but when confronted, they will fight. Since CJ is little, 14 lbs., she'd end up being mincemeat if there were a fight. I'd pick her up quickly then hightail it in the other direction towards home if I caught a glimpse of a loose dog down the street. Way too stressful for me.

23. tatora says:

Happy new year 🙂 with best wishes 😉 :heart:

this is one of the reasons why i haven't had a real showing for over 20 years. :heart:well, enjoy your fargo trip… weather is just another straw dog. when you're in it it's just another experience isn't it?i would love a taste of deep snow myself :happy:happy 2010 :hat: :wizard: :chef: :sing: :wine:

Originally posted by I_ArtMan:

this is one of the reasons why i haven't had a real showing for over 20 years.

Scott, it's why I don't do this very often. The one coming up is a pretty big one so I'm going to try it. A check is on the way for the calendar. I had to wait for a pension check to get deposited. Happy New year to you too.Nasim: Best wishes and happy new year to you as well.

Will it be your year? Your year for WHAT, you ask, Pam?Okay, so maybe you didn't get to talk to Johnny Depp this year. But, you WERE selected for that Opera Community Global Honor — Member of the Week! :yes: That has to count for something towards 2009 having satisfied the "will be MY year" aspect of your aforementioned perennial end of year slogan … at least on some level, right? So, at least you can smile for that accomplishment. :up:Day-Um! Those Pics look cold enough to have been the inspiration for KC & the Sunshine Band's song – Freeze Your Booty. :yikes: Okay, so it was Shake Your Booty, but you'll probably do that involuntarily anyway in that cold.Happy New Year, Pam! :hat: And may 2010 be YOUR year on that other yet to be determined level. :headbang: Congrats on your good blood pressure and heart rate. :up:

C'mon! That's a real dog? You mean it's not a Photoshopped Dog-headed Brontosaurus? :yikes: Or at least a Dog-headed Bull? :insane:

she'd end up being mincemeat if there were a fight…Way too stressful for me.

Since the idea is to keep your blood pressure at a healthy level, I completely understand not wanting to deal with the loose dogs. Too bad people are letting their dogs run unattended.I've been running around house cleaning today, and I'm feeling pretty tuckered out now. Bob and I will be bringing in the New Year at home and by ourselves. But we have a many years tradition of inviting friends over New Year's Day for brunch. Bob does most of the cooking, so it's a real treat for me, too! :chef::love:

All the best for the new year, Happy New Year, Pam!Have a great trip to Fargo and hope you will enjoy the snow 🙂

Originally posted by Suntana:

That's a real dog?

Carlos: That one does look morphed. They are huge dogs though. And yes, being selected MOTW was quite an honor I must say. I'm going to have to write a list of the good things for 2009. The very first one would be finding out I was going to be a grandma. Originally posted by debplatt:

at home and by ourselves.

Deb, that's exactly where I'll be. The next door neighbor friend has usually had a gathering at her house for friends and family every year. That was really nice, then I could have two drinks and not worry about driving. Everything is quiet next door this year. Originally posted by NLDH:

Have a great trip to Fargo and hope you will enjoy the snow

Thanks LD. If the wind doesn't blow, I'll be ok. That wind cuts right through you.

31. piiiya says:

Leaving 50degree phoenix for 0degree Fargo … It sure seems very snowy n chilli there in photos…many thanks for visiting my blog and droping ur wishes 🙂 i wish U and ur friends on this blog a lovely year ahead …p.s. Your blog is very thought provoking, wish2kno more about u..

32. LinhMoon says:

All the best for U and Family in 2010 :flirt:

You're welcome Piiiya. And thank you for your nice words. Is Piiiya your name or a nickname? Just wondering. My daughter would love for me to move to Fargo. I think her wanting me to visit when it's the coldest is a test for me to see if I can take it. We shall see. She is pregnant with my first grandchild and I know I will want to be there often. I know it is the new year already where you live. I still have about an hour and a half. I was going to try to stay up but I'm getting very sleepy. Only thing is, if I go to sleep now, I know my dogs will start barking at midnight when people set off fireworks. So I will just try to stay up.

Carlos: That one does look morphed. They are huge dogs though.

Maybe it is a small girl 😆

35. BabyJay99 says:

Happy New Year Lady Pam 😉 :love:

36. cungtramart says:

These are lovely pictures.Thank you for sharing…May your heart be filled with pleasure and your life be full of happiness in New Year and forever, my friend! 🙂

37. daxonmacs says:

Happy New Year to you, Pam!That's a lot of snow :eyes:I like your positive attitude: "This year will be my year".

LinhMoon, Jaxs, Leazz, AiLan and Danny: Thank you. I hope the first day of the New Year was a good one and that the rest of the year is too.Darko: 😆

39. lekrot says:

Happy new year to you Pam! Here we have lots of snow and minus 10 celsius.

I'm looking at that deck thinking how nice it'll be in summertime! look at all that snow! love that, too… and that cappuccino, I canNOT wait for the day I am able to replace my broken espresso machine!!!

Jill and Torkel: Yup, that's lots of snow on their deck. That was after two blizzards. Just checked the temp this morning and it is -23F with a wind chill of -34F. I finally figured out what the wind chill means, the unscientific version. The stronger the wind is blowing, the more the cold air blows right through your clothes and you.

42. piiiya says:

Great knowing abt the wind chill thing… Brrrrrr its so cold in those photos….so when r u going2ur daughters?? 🙂

43. kentsopera says:

My pleasure! Hope your holidays were pleasant.

Thanks for that link Kent.

45. piiiya says:

Yes u need dem!

In ten more days I leave. Today, I am going to a few stores to look for a pair of ear muffs or a better hat and maybe some boots. I think I'll need them.

I think so too Allan.

Oh, I am sure 2010 will be our year

Happy New Year, Pam! You never can tell what lies around that curve of the road, yeah? :hat: :drunk: :hat: :wizard: :hat: