Yes, it DID happen……Gotcha!

In various comments, I've mentioned that I used to wear mini dresses to the office. It was the style and many women did also. A certain person, said 'show us a picture, or it never happened'. Hahahaha….I wonder who that was?

I finally found one taken of me at a company function. I was bringing out some of the food and snagged one piece. I think it was a brownie. They caught me and, of course, I covered my face because it's not polite to laugh with your mouth full of food. It's a wonder I didn't choke.

1973 at a company party

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Yes, it DID happen……Gotcha!

๐Ÿ˜€

That's enough to harsh anyone's mellow.

๐Ÿ˜† Exactly. I really tried to be friendly with her but she was a tough cookie to get to smile at all. She did not work there long.

๐Ÿ˜† What was your answer to her? Did your finger tips reach the bottom of the dress or go past the dress? If you had to bend over to pick something up could you just bend over and pick it up wearing that or did you have to do a curtsy bend to pick things up.

๐Ÿ˜† Always a curtsy bend. The dress above I think my fingertips were just at the hemline. Can't really remember.Also, can't remember what I answered. At the time she said that, I was wearing a burgundy and orange paisley print dress. Paisley print was also very popular back then.

I remember that dress! I was thirteen and my Danish teacher wore one just like that. I liked school.

Carol, there were a few very conservative women who worked there. They would always look at us with disdain. One woman actually said to me that she had a nice pair of slacks that would go with my top! Sheesh, my dress wasn't THAT short.

Looks good on you. :):sst: I see the women in the background wearing longer outfits.

Thank you for sharing this photo — very fun to think back on those days. And if I may say so, you looked fabulous!

๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks Deb. That was a fun time. Whenever it was anyone's birthday, donuts would go around. Every holiday, people brought in food for a potluck. Even the bosses would actually make things. Almost unheard of for guys to admit to cooking back then. This office was on the 15th floor but there was a bar in the basement called The Zodiac. A few people would sneak down there and bring their drink back upstairs. To my knowledge no one got caught. I never had the nerve to do it.

๐Ÿ˜† Allan! You had a crush on one of your teachers? No wonder you liked school. I think I was the same age, 13, and I had a crush on Mr. Luster the mathematics teacher. He was in his forties, had a crew cut and had been in the military. He was very strict but had the most wonderful smile….with dimples! Even thought he was strict, he would often make us laugh.

You looked great Pam. I remember when I worked for newspaper and my friend Janelle and I wore mini mini dresses. After awhile our business manager, Mrs. Lee, would come out with a ruler and measure our hemlines. It had to be no more than 2 inches above the knee cap She said we were "too distracting" for the men who worked there. ๐Ÿ˜†

Two inches above the knee would have been long for me. I had really long legs but it looks like this one is at least 6 in. above the knee. Was it you who told the funny story about the ladies doing an exercise class in the grass near the building during lunchtime? Then management told them to stop because all the men were looking out the window watching instead of working?

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

๐Ÿ˜† I knew I'd find it. I have a couple others too but they have other people in it. Originally posted by gdare:

you looked…. very adorable there

๐Ÿ˜€ Thank you. I wish there was a blushing smilie. :happy:

๐Ÿ˜€

๐Ÿ˜ฎ That's the blushing smilie. ๐Ÿ˜€

*Wolf whistle*

Wow, Pam, you looked…. very adorable there :D"A certain person, said 'show us a picture, or it never happened'. Hahahaha….I wonder who that was?":whistle:

20. Phantom2 says:

:yes: At least you had the figure to wear a dress like that!I remember seeing to many women wearing mini-skirts that really shouldn't have been! I've always had admiration for whoever came up with the idea of mini-skirts and womens blue jeans. ๐Ÿ˜€

I had no idea that was the blushing smilie. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ :left: :right: Who whistled? ๐Ÿ˜€

We weren't allowed to wear minis when I was in high school in the '70's. It almost took a riot to get our superintendent to allow us to wear jeans. In '76, I bought a mini with my first paycheck from my summer job, and wore it to school that fall on picture day. I got in so much trouble, but I got my photo taken in that dress. From the waist up.:lol:

P2: I wore them for probably ten years, then they went way long. Star: When I went to high school, it was spaghetti strap dresses and culottes we weren't allowed to wear. They considered anything with a strap less than two inches spaghetti strap. Deb: The fishnets I never had but had several pair of platform sandals. dW: Simon and Garfunkel were one of my favorite singing pair. Carlos: Yes, I snagged a brownie. And yes, that's me. I was 5'8". Now at 61, I have officially shrunk an inch. Over the last ten years, I was loosing a quarter inch each time I went to the doctor. I kept ignoring it till a couple months ago, the nurse said 5'7". Linda: That was such a funny story. I no longer look like that either and no longer wear the minis. But I still think I look pretty good for my age when all dressed up.

Ohhh … My … Ggggg Gggggg Googoo Gaga!I'm Drooling here!!! :eyes: Are those Brownies?:lol: :jester:CUT! Take IIOMG! That's … that's … you've got …That's like :left: :right: a Mini Skirt you've got on, Pam! :eyes: No, really. Look at the picture.Oh, why of course, you already saw it. :doh:Okay, all the doubts can now be put to rest.It DID indeed happen. ๐Ÿ˜€ Hmmm? Then again, I don't know. Can't see the face clearly. But, those legs and height are about in Julia Roberts' ballpark.

When I was in high school I occassionally wore mini-skirts with fishnet stockings. ๐Ÿ™‚ Back then, fashions were

Here's a couple of old guys who feel the same way:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJBhdKrwTOc

Was it you who told the funny story about the ladies doing an exercise class

I had forgotten I told that story, but yes, it was me. Let's face it, I once was a very sexy gal. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Too bad I don't still look like that.

Linda,I love you "red" It reminds me that you are "pure fire" in spirit, humor and mind! and i happen to love strawberries too! :up:

Originally posted by Phantom2:

Hear Hear! :yes: :headbang: Hmmm? Or would that be – Here Here?I've never really known.Anyway … Freakin' A! :hat:

๐Ÿ˜€

:heart: I wonder who the person is that always says "Pam you have killer legs! " :whistle:and always adds "legs are always the last thing to change in a womans body, let them be seen " :pthanks for sharing Pam,yous till a beautiful woman , adorable too!

Day-Um, Peppermint! It wouldn't be surprising if a Cop stops you and gives you a warning that you have to go straight home and tone town your hair cuz there have been complaints of a Cherry Redheaded distraction causing a lot of almost accidents. ๐Ÿ˜†

I think so too, Pam. But you should see my hair right now—-I have caused a sensation every time I appear in public the last two days. You know I have gone red. WELL, I bought a different brand of hair color this week and recolored my hair Sat. I guess. Oooooh, boy! My hair is now almost cherry red! If you don't want to look like a bowl of cherries or strawberries, shining brightly like a beacon, then don't use Feria Power Reds/True Red. OMGosh! It is a beautiful color–in fact my nurse at the doctor's office got the name of it she likes it so well, but it is pretty startling on top of my 67 year old face. I have to laugh.My niece stopped by yesterday on her way back home to Denton. When she pulled up and saw me standing there in my red-headed glory, she got out of the car laughing so hard she could hardly say hello. She just pointed! I just tell people I am an exhibitionist at heart. ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

hahahaha a slight idea only :p darn it for English! ๐Ÿ˜† but you knew what i did mean ,no?

๐Ÿ˜ฎ sorry *makes sure Linda's Greek lessons start tomorrow! * ๐Ÿ˜€

What? A slide of my head? Oh, good grief.

Originally posted by L2D2:

they would arrest me for pretending to be an illegal stop light! muhahahaha

ROFL ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† Linda you are too much to handle ! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Goody! Angeliki, well it sure is red! hahahChuck, they would arrest me for pretending to be an illegal stop light! muhahahahaMaybe I need to take a photo.DWTS coming on, semi-finals. I guess two will be gone after tonight. Figure Donny and Mya will be in finals.

Ooh, Angeliki, you have no idea!Donnie and partner just had a catastrophe. Her dress hem came undone and they kept tangling up in it. Oh, boy.

Originally posted by L2D2:

you have no idea!

a slide only ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by L2D2:

"what the heck does she mean? Does she want me to make a slideshow of my head?"

oh God have mercy! :lol:I nn to train my friends to think Greek!My Plurk pal Noahcounte a/k/a Matthew, gets me by 99% on a daily basis ! ๐Ÿ˜† the fun part is ,when he adds things in Greek too! ROFL . yes, it was an honest spelling mess! If you did not mention it ,I wouldn't have known that, I took some of your red silky hair for my own! ๐Ÿ˜†

Not that time, I didn't Angeliki. I normally figure out what you mean but this time I was scratching my—bright—red head and thinking, "what the heck does she mean? Does she want me to make a slideshow of my head?" :eyes: ๐Ÿ˜†

We are kind of partying without her aren't we! Just to show how my daily life goes—My doctor is in Overton, about 23 miles from my house. I had an appt. today that I made about a month ago. I got to the clinic ahead of time. When I got there, the clinic (which was a 1940s house which had been remodeled to make the clinic) looked deserted—no cars.I parked, walked up the stairs and tried to go in the door. It was locked and there was no sign on the door. I tried it again to make sure. Yep, it was locked. So I looked around and discovered that the University of Texas Health Center Family Practice Clinic sign was missing from the lawn. I walked across the street to a hardware store.Nice lady there told me they had moved quite some time ago (when Regina called me to schedule appt. she neglected to tell me that little detail) Nice young lady gave me directions to where clinic is NOW located. I found it easily enough. Had relocated to brand new bldg. very modern and nice.I walked up to the desk and signed in. Regina, clinic receptionist, came in and said "And what is this red thing going on with your head?" I laughed and so did a waiting room full of patients.And going home, the setting sun was shining right in my eyeballs and I could hardly see to drive. Finally, I made it home and breathed a sigh of relief. Phew! One more day I got through with just a few mishaps.Good day! ๐Ÿ˜†

PSPam I hope you don't mind we babysit your post :p

๐Ÿ˜†

You looked GREAT. I love your dress, love your hair… HOT HOT HOT ๐Ÿ˜€

Well you guys had a party while I was gone treating myself to chicken kabobs at one of my favorite little places, Zoe's Kitchen. Earlier in the day I had a craving for their chocolate cake but once there, ordered dinner first. Then went to bed early. Linda: I think I'm glad I never started coloring my hair myself. My skin is sensitive so every year or two I will shell out the $75 to have dark brown highlights put in by a guy named Will. The gray is never completely covered. Angeliki: Yes I know who that person is and I thank you. I WILL show them off as long as I can. Carlos: I do believe a cop would send her home not for being a distraction but for impersonating a stop sign as she said. Carol and Darko: I agree. Sometimes what people say in these conversations is very funny. LD: Thank you. I really loved that dress and the turquoise color. I thought I still had it as I often keep favorite items but it must have been put in a bag for charity when I had to downsize 12 years ago.Now, unfortunately, I must get ready to leave yet again. Must go clean a pool and organize six weeks worth of someone's pills.

You always look beautiful, Pam ^^Have a fun and wonderful day!

Thank you LD. You have a wonderful day as well.

Originally posted by L2D2:

darn for Regina! Originally posted by L2D2:

"And what is this red thing going on with your head?"

bite your a$$ for not tellingme! Originally posted by L2D2:

Finally, I made it home and breathed a sigh of relief

thank God! Originally posted by L2D2:

Good day!

I wish you all days to be great :heart: