A Spontaneous Collaboration

Rarely do I speak of my faith or religion. I can’t even say I have one. I cannot say I’m a believer or a non-believer. Let’s just say I am searching and have been my entire life. But if all of you believers are correct, God is patient and he will wait for me. This I believe.

There are many posts on Opera where people espouse their faith. Rarely do I comment. However, there is one person who speaks of his faith in a very subtle way in his poetry. Lately his words have been having quite an effect on me. He’s a very down to earth guy who believes deeply. Clarence Boussum Jr. has given me permission to use his words and my comments in a post.

He and I have had several spontaneous collaborations and the following one had the most effect on me. His words are in italics and mine are in bold.

Saturday, 22. August 2009, 06:19:31
Welcome me today

Sometimes
in the silence
voices return
and
a second guess
invites.. to
places you can never go.

we wonder
what was that all about?

maybe I shoulda turned
left?

behold the beauty
of the day.
See the Sun
wake for you.
a Moon rises
as a gift

I look around
at all that has gone wrong,
leaving only time for
what went right

it is the moment
forever caught within
you
that a chord is heard
of a song forever played.

theory again is proven wrong
our world and it’s boundaries
encompass one soul
at a time

all the math that will
be done
is in naught
because in the end.
The Answers lay within
a promise of forever

and of people we will never forget.

Behold me today
for tomorrow
we will meet again
there will be no pain
no sorrow, no sadness

Welcome me today
as you will the morrow.
truth be known..
there is no difference,
as I see you today
with a smile

I will see you forever

One day, the faith that resonates from you
will beckon me to feel the same.
God, the patient one, knows this and waits
for his lonely painter to see the light.

within this moment stark
‘pon the fields of forever
will be placed, within the minds eye
the gentle truth, that it is all one
and one encompasses all

With brush in hand
I paint the golden light
that glows from these
forever fields

The rays envelope me
in my loneliness
but still I ask
Did I do right?

could you be lonely with a thousand
could you be lonely with one
right is the answer as told by effort
or the effect of bringing to life
what once seemed still

If the rays envelope you
…you are not alone

The shiver I felt
is not of cold
but from a warm hand
upon my brow.

This hand will lead me
through forest and sand
or fields of gold
and soon I will
surrender to thee.

53 Responses to A Spontaneous Collaboration

Hmmm, I got lost in the verses, as I expected to be. The meaning of a poem is somehow slipping and I can`t "put my finger on it" …

Nice poem. I hope you will find what you are looking for Pam.

Very sweet.It's so nice to have someone like this friend in one's life. Lonely searching is the hardest.:smile:

Darko, in a way I can't put my finger on it either. In my green comments I am questioning/wondering. With him, I think he is saying it is right there before me. Carol, his words always make me stop and wonder more than anything else. Maybe someday I will find it.

Star, I agree, lonely searching is the hardest.

6. Zulia says:

This poetry collaboration is just awesome!Just swept me off!

Zulia, I sort of felt like I was floating when we were writing it…then I had to come back to earth.

If believing means that you've stopped doubting and searching, then don't believe.

Well said, Allan. Beautiful and to the point. I don't always believe what I read or hear. But when I see things with my own eyes and thoughts come to my head, that's when I wonder. Your photo of the sun ray shining on the window from the tall building and your resulting poem come immediately to mind as do many of the poems of this Opera friend.

10. TheDarkKing says:

This is a beautiful Poem Pam. I'm in the same position as you, I don't talk about religion, my parents are Roman Catholics but when people ask me about my religion I say: "I don't have a religion"Your friend is a very good poet!!!

I suppose that the main thing in poetry is our response to it, so this is my response."all the math that will
    be done
    is in naught
    because in the end.
    The Answers lay within
    a promise of forever"
    I think that the answers are in a strange way empirical, just like math. We rap our knuckles on the wooden table and it is there, and it is the same thing out there, in the universe, reality, the Creator's reality. It's all of one single fabric. The "within" thing is the same as the without. As the old saying goes, "As above, so below."Just my nickle's worth.

Ricardo, my ex was Italian and Catholic. He went to a Catholic grammar and high school. However, it has probably been 30 years since he's been to a service except for a funeral or wedding. Once he left his parent's home, he never attended again. What I usually say when asked what religion I have is 'that it's private'. Of course, now it isn't after this post. That used to always raise the eyebrows of whoever I was talking to and I'd end up having to change the subject. Ed: Originally posted by edwardpiercy:

Your nickle's worth is well said. I appreciate your input as I do everyone's. My parents were not churchgoers. I vaguely remember my grandmother taking me to a Baptist church a few times. My sister started going with a friend to a Methodist church when she was about 14 but it was because they thought the pastor was cute. They invited me a few times but it was the donuts and punch I liked after the service. As I got older, I went to a few other churches with friends but there was nothing to draw me to continue. That's it in a nutshell.

My mom is a staunch Roman Catholic. I am happy that she has found that which means something to her.

don't feel alone, pam. i don't know either. :love:

"I was almost not going to post it."Been there!:D

Scott, I don't feel alone when I'm on Opera.It's been good for me hearing what everyone has to say after sharing my collaboration. I was almost not going to post it.

17. daxonmacs says:

That's a nice conversation. His poems are indeed great and deep. Nice post Pam.

Thanks Danny. I felt quite extraordinary that morning after reading his poem and the continuous flow of words.

19. daxonmacs says:

It shows :up: A magical instance.

20. EL-GE says:

I am secure in my faith, but I never stop searching for more truth. I am one of those that needs to know, and I find this Poem very wonderful, and very unique.We have two people writing the same Poem, one who has grasped the deeper spiritual things of God, and one who is seeking to grasp these spiritual truths, and Painter Woman, if you continue to seek after God, He WILL find you.

21. charlieruud says:

am i fair?___i thought everyone will be kind to meand i'd like to let them wait for mei make a kindeness for their waiting for, andask them to forgive mecause they so patient to waithow could fairly i amask the God to wait meand forgive mehow blind i amto knowing everything thati seei feeli touchi holdfor a long of lifeis a giftfrom God that . . . . i thought will be patientto wait me?i'm fall in your ageto look at you like my childrenwaiting for His praisewaiting for a cup of candy___( . . . when I love him,I'll be his ears so with that he'll listen,I'll be his eyes so with that he'll see,I'll be his hands so with that he'll handle,I'll be his foots so with that he'll walk.and if he ask Me, i gave him. if he ask My cover, i covered him. )

22. ngtuanngoc says:

Reading English with me very very difficult, and understand the poem is more difficult. 😦

Larry: Thank you for this. I believe He will too.Originally posted by EL_GE:

if you continue to seek after God, He WILL find you.

Charlie: Thank you for the addition of your insightful poem. I appreciate your thoughts. Tuan: Did I get your first name right? Sometimes I am not sure. Please tell me the correct name if I am wrong. Poetry in any language is hard to understand. You are lucky to know some English and you probably know French as well. I don't know any other language at all except English.

24. ngtuanngoc says:

Oh, don't! SoryI don't know French :DMy full name is: Nguyen Tuan Ngocand my first name is: NgocNice to head you say my name 😀

Well hello Ngoc and thank you. 😀

26. charlieruud says:

PW ; i want to make it clear.am i fair is a poem that should be clear enough for everyonei just telling by the same way like PW write down welcome me today."God will be run to find you when you are walking slowly to meet Him"so, if He already gives us; ears to listen, eyes to see, hands to scratching brush on canvas and foots which He gave you to make you walk around the worldwhat happened with all of that and what could you understand?the world is real and not the cofucious thingthe mystery of the instinctive in the human race, is a proof of the ununderstood of amedeo modigliani – about himselfcould be similar with PW herself. do you till find out in your age (61 yers old?)i'm charlie_ruud the united from the two of my nick name. then everyone know me as charlie ruud. my great grandparents are come from 2 ethnic, dayak (kutai) and madura. i believe something but not to be fanatic couse God give us the freedom to to appreciating all of His creation

Originally posted by charlieruud:

Yes, I understand and it was clear to me and I'm sure to everyone else. I'm glad you mentioned Modigiliani's quote. I chose it because I liked it and it is very much like my thinking.Even at my age of 61, with the freedom I have, I still like to ask questions, think, wonder and learn.

28. thesamanyolu says:

Hello Pamela. This is a beautiful Poem Pam. Very good you poet!!! I like it. Congratulations. :heart: :heart: :heart: :yes:

Thank you Nevin. With my friend's poem and my words combined, I think it turned out to be a beautiful poem too.

30. thesamanyolu says:

Yes Pam, to you hands and to you heart health. :up: :flirt:

Nice and profound thoughts that lead to the heart of the matter,Pam. "Is there something after?" The older we get ,the more often we think about that. We will probably meet with the response one day. I wish you a peaceful and agreeable week.

Yes, as we get older, we do wonder. Thank you Jean for your comment and you have a wonderful week as well.

the poet writes beautiful poetry… you, too, are a poet, Pam… you are writing lovely poetry and you paint beautiful 'poetry'… I love how you said 'patient'… love is patient. your last stanza is beautiful and moving."God, the patient one, knows this and waitsfor his lonely painter to see the light." I trust God's timing is perfect. thanks for sharing from your heart.

34. lovinmalamutes says:

Wow,Good poem! I am absolutely of no religion. I love God and I believe in Christ, but I don't believe in organized religion. I have never found what I was searching for through that route. I only found disappointment and hurt.:cry: You are right to search Pam, and I know one day it will all become clear to you. 🙂 :love: Our Father is Loving and Patient. The time is His!:heart:

I love this verse from Jeremiah. It is a promise to those who seek from their heart, truly seek: `You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)"Scripture taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®,Copyright © 1960,1962,1963,1968,1971,1972,1973,1975,1977,1995by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission."

36. thesamanyolu says:

:love: Hello Pam. How are you today?

Thank you Jill and D.Hello Nevin. I am fine but very busy.

38. thesamanyolu says:

:up: :coffee: 😉

39. pthhieubilly says:

I don't know exactly about my religion. I believe in Buddism Confucianism, Taoism and Vietnamese traditional religion. 😀

40. pthhieubilly says:

yeah. i don't know what my religion called because it's a mixture. Tradition Vietnam religion is that mixture, I think 😀

41. ĐứcTrần says:

What a nice poem. Lucky you 'cause it's hard to find such a good friend in this world. 🙂 @HieuBilly: Vietnamese traditional religion?? What is it?? Haven't heard about it before. We don't have any official religion in Vietnam. By the way, you're religious and you don't know what exactly your religion is. It's weird! :left:

I am sure it helps,Pam. When passing next to my little Yorkshire's grave I can't help talking a bit to her. Is it sensible? I don't know but I do it. Kind regards and thoughts.

Thank you Hieubilly and Ducie. Yes, it is nice to have a friend whose writings spark deep thought and questions in you. I guess, if I HAD to say I had a religion, I would have to say mine would be a mixture too. My studies at the university included many on different religions….Eastern (which included all that you mentioned Hiebilly), Native American (which included many different tribes) and Western (which included Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic etc). All were very interesting classes.In my home, I have a small statue of the Goddess of Serenity as well as three incense burners. Occasionally, I will light some incense and think of a specific person who has passed or, think of good thoughts for someone in trouble. What this makes me as far as religion, I don't know. I think I'll include a photo of this statue in the post. It'll take me a minute.

Thank you Jean. I think it helps too.Kind regards and thoughts to you as well.

45. wickedlizard says:

Nice poem! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Thank you Isabel and you're welcome.

47. lovinmalamutes says:

I talk to my passed on pets, and every once in awhile even to my loved ones who have already gone on. I hope that doesn't mean I'm a mental case.:eyes: :no:

Not a mental case at all D. I think many of us do that. It is comforting. Whenever I see a big old tree, I talk to my mom.

49. lovinmalamutes says:

It is comforting true. I have always talked to those who have gone beyond, but I rarely admit to it. 🙂 I've always teased about being certifiable, but not letting them certify me.:p 😆 😆