One down and ten to go

As far as projects go that is.

The mural painting on the playhouse I’ve been working on is now finished. My part is done. The man who owns the house where I’ve been working is going to be adding a deck for seating all around the bottom and more framing around the windows.

65 Responses to One down and ten to go

Yup, the hummers on there to, it's up top near the roof but you can't see it in the top picture. Actually it's a squirrel the dog is chasing. Found a really cute image of a squirrel with a bunch of graham crackers in it's mouth so I substituted the dog's bone for the graham crackers. For the dog I use an old picture of one of the dogs we've had in the past. His name was Dinkey and loved to run and chase things.

Love the images Pam. That of the dog chasing the cat is too cute. Typical. Also like the bee very much. Is the the house with the hummingbird or was that another house? I love hummers.

amazing Pam! I hope many see this and place orders! you are so gifted! πŸ™‚

Of course it's a squirrel. Just shows how observant I am. Saw fluffy tail and the color and assumed it was dog chasing cat. Sorry. Probably dog would have chased either one. πŸ˜€

did your dogs pose Pam ? :heart:

6. claudeb says:

But isn't there a chance to damage the paintings while finishing the playhouse?

7. BabyJay99 says:

Beautiful. Love the paintings especially the bee, cat & dog :up: ⭐

πŸ˜€

Nice work :up:There will be some small people living in that house :whistle:

Nope, not on this house Linda. But maybe I might paint a few gnomes on the block wall around my house. Just watch, that'll be something else for my min pin to bark at. πŸ˜† Glenyce, thank you. Right above this little house is a tree house that was built 25 years ago. Only thing is, the pine tree has grown so much that it has completely split some of the two by fours used to build it. It is no longer safe to go up there.

I like the way you've painted the chase – in such a way that I can see the movement through the air

Linda, yes that dog would have chased anything, like my little one does now.Angeliki, in the past, I have have been requested to do murals but, unfortunately, people only want to pay $200 for something. I refuse to do it. They think it is not work, I guess. Oh, and the dog in this was one of our dogs from many years ago. I found a photo of a running dog on the net, then just made it look like ours did. dW: πŸ˜‰ Leazz: Thank you. Not sure what I like best. Claude: I don't think so. The wood has already been cut and painted. So all he needs to do is lay the deck onto the large blocks on the ground. Plus, the wooden trim around the remaining windows is small so it won't touch the paintings when it is nailed in. Darko: Thanks. Hmmmmm….maybe little garden trolls? Oh, no, you've given me an idea.

Thank you Star. Only thing is, I like it so much that if this guy ever sells his house, I'll want to take the playhouse to my backyard. I'd need a crane because that tile roof probably makes it weigh a ton.

Heyyy! This Blog Subscription thing works. I'm glad I thought of it. :lol:When I first read Peppermint's comment, I went, "Yikes! I'm glad I didn't immediately write my comment cuz I could have sworn that was a squirrel." Then I read your comment, Pam and went, "Heyyy! I was right. It IS a squirrel!" I did notice you added the dog bone on the 1st Pic vs. the 2nd Pic.Great job on the mural, Pam! :headbang: Out of curiosity, is it my imagination or is that playhouse not exactly situated securely as it could be on those cinder blocks? One almost looks to be broken and another one unlevel.

You are going to paint garden gnomes on one of them, aren'tcha? πŸ˜€

This is really quite pretty, Pam.You are very talented.:up:

Carlos, the cinder blocks that the house is sitting on do seem to be not quite level. I think when the house was first built, it was level but the two pine trees on either side of it are forty feet tall and the roots are starting to protrude up through the ground. That may be why the blocks are now crooked. The other pinkish looking blocks are what the guy is going to set the deck on. Allan, thank you. The photos I found on the net of the running animals all looked like they were in the air. This was my first time painting running animals.

pam,it's obviously a squirrel. he is really going fast. i like the whole thing… love the humming bird too. yeah i know $200 they think only of the minutes you will spend painting it. they don't think about planning, drawings and a lifetime of practice.you know doctors and lawyers excuse there high prices with "eight years of schooling" they don't have the same equation for artists. they think some archangel went 'bippity boppity boo' with a wave of their magic wand a pinch of creativity dust. 😎 oh well…

Pam, you are very talented. Love the playhouse mural you did. Wish I could draw and paint. πŸ™‚

I know Scott. If I was younger, I'd do this stuff for a couple hundred. But I'm older and get tired faster, get more achey and work slower. My neck can't take all the weird positions I have to hold it for very long. Luckily this person didn't care if I only worked on it 2 hours at a time. Then I'd have to go home and lay flat on the floor with a pillow under my neck, stretch and straighten myself out. Damn arthritis!

Carol, thank you. Even though it took me a while, the results were fun.

Oh, and Carlos, the bone was one of the last things I painted in, after I'd taken the photos. The very last thing I painted was the mosquito on the wall facing opposite which you can see in the album.

πŸ™‚

24. Zulia says:

Its wonderful and beautiful Pam! Awh, I wish i had a playhouse like that!

Thanks Zulia. I wish I had one too, however, it would have no walls. It would be like a pagoda or ramada with just a roof and posts to hold it up. I would use it to go sit and meditate.

My SIL's Russian wife has a perfect remedy for arthritis: "Viskey".

27. Dudley says:

I like it! :yes:

Ahh, dW, I don't think my system could handle whiskey. Andy, thank you.

Just a wee drop, Pam.

I'm ready to move in!Don't worry, I'll install my own air conditioner! Great work Pam. I love it. :up: :up:

31. anonymous says:

Painter Woman's Chatty One writes:Just curious mom… are you being paid well by this person? Hope so. ;o) I bet that'll be a wild party house when it's done! I bet some huge keggers could be thrown in there ESPECIALLY after the spacious deck is finished! I should give this guy a call the next time I'm in town and see if we can meet up and hang in the pretty "party house" that my mom painted.

Thanks Ed. But when you move in, you'll have to host the kegger my daughter will probably throw. Kathy, the payment is a long story. I'll email you on that. You are a riot dear. πŸ˜† You made my day. Had a good ROFL spell.

Sounds fair to me. And also a keg of Barq's root beer for the kids.

Uh, I thought this WAS a kid's playhouse. What are you doing, evicting them? hahha

Linda, a kegger is nothing. The really sad thing are the crack playhouses on the other side of town.

πŸ˜† No evictions allowed, except for the adults. They can sit around the outside on the the small deck when it's put up. I think an adult can only stand right in the center of the playhouse, where the ceiling peaks. Not sure though, because I've never stood up inside it. In fact, I don't think I've ever been inside and have only sat in the doorway.

Thank you Ric. Yes, the pay was good.You have a nice day too.

38. TheDarkKing says:

Great!!!

39. TheDarkKing says:

OMG! Pam, you are amazing, I love these paintings, specially the one with the butterfly. I hope you get paid for this job. Not many people appreciate good art…Have a nice day Pam, Ciao.

40. daxonmacs says:

Nice job, Pam. :up:You may consider Tai Ji in order to control your arthritis.

Thanks Danny.Tai Ji? Had to look it up. We call it Tai Chi here. I would love to go to a group and do this to at least learn the moves. In fact, I have a tape I bought many years ago to learn it. Love the slow and controlled movements.

42. daxonmacs says:

Yes, apart from the moves it is about freeing the inner energy and control it's flow, too. The Chi.Derived from an ancient martial art, it is mainly promoted as health and curing exercise nowadays, where the martial part seems to be forgotten. It's been a real positive surprise, to me, to start learning it.Beneficial from day one!

43. daxonmacs says:

They found a fan for life in me, too, but I wouldn't describe me as proficient, yet.

I will have to look for my old tape, or replace it with a DVD.

My daughter learned it, and was quite proficient.She swore by it.

46. Zulia says:

Have you guys heard or tried Qi Gong?http://www.qigonginstitute.org/main_page/main_page.phphttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi_Gong One of my customer swear to me that his athritis and fatigue have gone and and another customer told me to join so that I could lose some weight! But I havent because I got no time! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncHziAUvM8I

No, I've never heard of that Zulia. Thanks for the links. It looks similar to Tai Chi. The YT video was very relaxing to watch. I'll have to try it.

Maybe I need to investigate Tai Chi. Have heard of it and seen a bit demonstrated, but not known what it is good for. I have arthritis, also, and with my bad lungs, I can't do just any everyday exercise. And I need exercise badly, both for my health and weight gain.

49. daxonmacs says:

Qi Gong is partly integrated in Tai Ji, but in itself it is another discipline which would take years to master. I suppose the same is true for Tai Ji, though.For health reasons and as a cure one would need the aid of a master in Qi Gong, alas I cannot tell how to separate the true masters from the charlatans or pseudo-masters. I'm told it can be dangerous, when practised without the proper knowledge …

50. TheDarkKing says:

I practice Tai Chi and Yoga but I don't know anything about Qi Gong but it looks like Tai Chi…