Some Nonsense

After reading Ed's scientific post on the Paths of Life here, I immediately got beads of sweat dripping down the side of my face and heart palpations because it reminded me of a couple of classes I had to take at the university. It took me forever to get through the books because I had to take apart each paragraph and decipher it before I could understand it. Somehow, I managed to get a B in these classes but not without alot of tearing my hair out and doing extra credit papers. I left Ed a smartass comment, something I don't do often. I may be somewhat of a dork, but not a smartass.

Since I didn't have to work today, I took the time to make up a post somewhat using Ed's post but changing it completely. It's nonsense, of course, but almost makes sense.

One Path of my Life by Pamela
As the complexity of my metabolic substances mixed with the surrounding diverse substrata, I decided my interest in catalytic converters was far less functionally primitive than everyone thought.

This novel conclusion might have come about from random sequential thoughts, as discussed above, but other, more deficient mechanical errors might have been involved.

I have largely demonstrated this highly involved enzymatic proto-cellular brain structure from ordinary synapses. (Pamela et al., 2009, Bubble brain et al., 2009, and last but not least, Airhead Dork et al., 2009)

I propose that peanut butter applied to these same synapses would aid in the functionality of my metabolic substances, providing for more powerful bonding material.

Due to natural selection, the protein in peanut butter would provide the greatest, and the most diverse responses and flexibility of thought in dealing with the complexities of the catalytic converters mentioned above and seen below.

I think I got my dorkiness from my great grandfather Arthur. Back then no one would ever think of putting a big leaf on their head. They usually looked very serious in photos.

And in response to Carlos's post about Algebra here, here are a few funny answers found on tests.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

115 Responses to Some Nonsense

Oh, he had a new invention every show Pam. It was the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. I guess he still has he show on maybe Canadian TV, I just don't get to see it anymore.He looked quite a bit older in that Perpetual Motion one than he did last I saw him.I thought you would like that Graham. Possum Lodge got up to new shenanigans every week.I said his name was Steve Green but it is Steve Smith.

You should see his garage door opener invention! Aahahahahah

πŸ˜† Thanks Ed. What is surprising is that I've gotten a lot of hits on HitsLink from Tech schools looking at this post. Kinda scary in a way. Well, not that scary. Just funny. I mean what if I've come up with something that someone is taking for 'real' and not just nonsensical made up blabber? :eyes: :faint: πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Great stuff.Does the object continue to move after it comes to rest?Uh, I'd say probably not. :p

pam :heart: i recommend that you gradually cut down on the peanut butter (it's psychotropic i think.) so sorry you have such a bad opinion of men. those idiots who drifted through your symbiotic ecosphere should be anathematized and deported to the isles of ego-sphere rehabilitation. :sherlock:

Well said ArtMan :sst: What the hell did you say?

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Some people just like to show off their ignorance! But, you agree that peanut butter and duct tape can cure almost all ills?

πŸ˜€ :jester: we had an effete snob of a cousin who regaled us with this sentence to prove he was smarter than us. he said,"do you find a sufficient quantity of calorific kilograms in the circumambient atmosphere? if not, the presages of your vocabulary indicate neolithic retrogression." :faint: we humored him and threw off our clothes. :happy:

Scott, did I really say it was men I had a bad opinion of? πŸ˜† Actually, who knows what I said up there. Graham, Linda and Ed: Now I just had some fast food for lunch after working four hours on painting flowers on a playhouse. Felt sort of tired and was thinking of taking a short nap till I read all the synopses of the synaptic catalytic vortex problem. Too funny. Makes me want to take a paraphgraph out of one of the books I kept from a very hard class and turn it into some more gobbledy gook blabber. THEN, I'll go lay down in a darkened room and take my nap and drift away to a soothing ecoshphere. :zzz:

@ Ossian. This is a problem in physics, but it is more a matter of pure logical expressions. If I say something is at rest then I make the statement IF an object is at rest THEN it cannot be moving. By definition. So it's really a tautology, similar to the statement "IF a man is unmarried THEN he is a bachelor.Uh oh. Too much peanut butter I guess. I'd better go back and finish watching my movie and rest my brain. :p

I am going to head to that Red Green site and check it out more thoroughly. I love that show. Duck Tape and Peanut Butter forever!:yes:

@pam i gleaned that here and there from your posts and comments. i was just reading it into your post as a kind of hidden metaphor. i was afraid i wasn't being clear about that."In particular, the evolution of my flexibility may have allowed those first proto-plasmatic individuals to divulge their systematic dysfunction; OR to altogether metabolize their complex idiosyncratic beliefs due to an obtuse mutation."now i'm going to have to make a complicated system of exoskeletons of winged fauna and green flora for oral consumption to rest my brain. πŸ˜†

Pam, I could have written that about the men in my life. Ditto.You haven't tried frozen peanut butter on a stick? Yummy yum! Especially when it is dipped in chocolate. πŸ˜†

Scott, you may have hit onto something Freudian here especially when it pertains to what you quoted. Hmmmmm…..veeeerrrry interesting. With the above quoted section, however, I was more or less talking about people who have looked down there nose at me for saving the junk that I have and using it as subject matter for some of my paintings. As for my other posts, I'm just telling different things that have happened in my life. Have adored/loved/admired/appreciated/respected etc.etc.etc. men all of my life BUT for some reason or other they were the wrong ones. None of them has ever, except for the last one, appreciated my art or who I was as a person or as an artist. Therefore, I have concluded, I must stay away from them. Somehow, I send out the wrong messages that draws the wrong types to me. Not that they are bad (except for the first one) but that they are the wrong fit for me. Maybe my storytelling puts across that my opinion of men is bad. I didn't think it did, but you being a man may see something I don't. Hmmmm… that's interesting too when I think about it. :confused: That's it in a nutshell….sort of. Now when I have to think deeply like that, I must rest my brain. :faint: You must have had wings and salad for dinner. πŸ˜€

Glenn, I didn't know you could freeze peanut butter. :eyes: πŸ˜†

16. glenno says:

If you want something to stop moving down to the atomic level, freeze to absolute zero, its supposed to do the trick..duct tape is cheaper though and a blob of peanut butter will stick most light things to a ceiling πŸ™‚

17. glenno says:

Sounds good. Just dont eat it wrapped in duct tape, duct tape is also called gaffer tape in the UK, just a bit of trivia for ya

@ Ossian.:lol:Duct tape?Oh, you mean polymer-based universal binding adhesive. How would we controll the physical world without it?:p

pam, i understand. maybe i was a little too sensitive picking up those vibes. i've been burned myself more times than i like to remember. it's funny but i have the same complaint. none of the important relationships with women i have lived with had the quality of support for what i was trying to do. they all had the same agenda. security and lots of it. :smile:vis a vis dinner… i discovered a great meal by feeling my way. i wanted to make a kind of chinese sweet and sour chicken. so i made a tempura batter and deep fried veggies and chicken chunks (with no fat). then i simmered it with bell peppers, water chestnuts and pineapple chuncks, even some maraschino cherries. a little orange juice and syrup, ginger and paprika. served it on a mountain of orzo. yummm. :happy: @ed,we would be in hot water without duct tape. in the 'industry' (movie business) they call it gaffer's tape and every set and location uses about a million miles of it. it's good for a temporary fix on the muffler that's setting off car theft devises everywhere. it's great for splicing poles…. can't be beat for wrapping boxes of books up tight. wow, i could go on and on…. but i won't

20. glenno says:

Polymer Universal Binding Adhesive? Not a good acronym methinks… πŸ™„

That meal looks and sounds mighty yummy. I'm having good old fashioned Campbell's tomato soup and ritz crackers.

pickles and peanut butter too. sounds strange but it works. πŸ™‚

good ole campbell's tomato soup. my mother used to give us that with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. they go together amazingly well. :chef:

24. glenno says:

cheese and peanut butter and cheese with jam (jelly) :chef: :yes:

πŸ˜† Well, I might just try that.

I had cream of chicken soup. :)@ Scott.And let's not forget its importance in putting up plastic sheets over the windows to protect ourselves from terrorists and asteroids.

Pickles and pb Scott? I don't know about that one but I might try it if I've got nothing else.Glenn: Cheese and pb and chess with jam? Hmmmm…never tried that either. There are times when I have odds and ends in my fridge that don't go together but I always seem to have cheese, pb, jelly, bread and pickles. I can't tell you how many times I've eaten pb&J for dinner. Now I have some other ideas.Linda, I love celery w/ pb, or cream cheese. Ed, I had cr. of chicken soup a few nights ago. Added a few bites of left over chicken and the last bit of fresh spinach and brocolli and it turned out really good.

If I were the last person on earth, and I had to pick two food items before all food disappeared from the earth, it would have to be cheese and peanut butter. Can't live without them.Have a friend who eats celery dipped in peanut butter. Might TASTE OK but I never had the chops to try it for myself.:yuck:

Down here we stuff celery with cream cheese, cream cheese with other ingredients in it like chives, and pimiento cheese. I think the peanut butter and celery must be a Yankee thing. My friend is originally from Iowa, then lived in San Fernando Valley and other places in Calif. for 40 years or so.I DO love stuffed celery, just not with pb.

*completely lost in comments*

πŸ˜† That happens.

Not an unuaual condition, Dare.:D If you don't know what's going on, just make up something.:lol: :faint:

Or laugh when everyone is laughing πŸ˜†

BTW Pam, I woke up this morning thinking that we could very well put some language from Philosophy here…To hear oneself is the most normal and th emost impossible exerience. One might conclude from this, first, that the source is always other, and that whatever hears itself, not itself hearing itself, always comes from elsewhere, from outside and afar. The lure of the I, of consciousness as hearing-onself-speak would consist in dreaming of an operation of ideal and idealizing mastery, transforming hetero-affection into auto-affection, heteronomy into autonomy. Within this process of appropriation somehow would be lodged a "regime" of normal hallucination. When I speak (to myself) without moving tongue and lips, I believe that I hear myself, although the source is other; or I believe that we are two, although everything is happening "in me."(Jacques Derrida)What really bothers me is when I talk to myself with tongue and lips and when, outside of my own personal existence, someone other makes the observation that I am using those same tongue and lips and am, in fact, talking to myself. :p

πŸ˜† Ed, there are times when I talk out loud just to hear a human voice. Can you tell I'm alone too much? And, of course, I talk to my doggies. They just look at me and wag their tails and sometimes look at me funny.

πŸ˜†

I am doing it sometimes. Then, when I see someone else noticed, I pretend I was singing πŸ˜†

Darko, I do that too. Especially when I'm driving. I'll be talking to myself, moving my lips, then notice someone looking at me in the other car. Usually my radio is not on. πŸ˜†

Yeah, a smiley generally works. If you want to confuse people, put one in there that has nothing to do with anything anyone has said! Like this……:bug: :rip:

Linda, I only use a few of the smileys. Alot of times I forget. I don't think I've ever used the spider one.

As quotes go….I talk to my cats and I talk to my birds. They understand every word I say. πŸ˜† And sometimes I talk to the TV (but only when it is on!) Otherwise, I do not talk to myself. Never have had that habit. My Mom used to talk out loud to herself. And I have known several people who did, but some of them were schizophrenics! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I do okay with Derrida and I do okay with Umberto Eco, but when the two climb into the ring and start fighting it out over linguistics I have to give up and walk away and have a burrito or something. Brutal stuff.

Ed, I had to re-read that quote. It's confusing as hell but I like it. It's one of those 'I kinda get it' paragraphs.

44. glenno says:

Thanks Edward, I have never heard of him (Derrida), that was a great quote!

:lol:I understand. Sasha really listens, you know? πŸ˜† I also understand the "auto-affection" part of that. :p

46. glenno says:

I talk inside my head, I tend to worry when it starts talking back though :yikes: :insane:

Pam, I DO do that. I mostly live inside my own head anyway, and sometimes I get carried away and make faces or laugh aloud or make hand gestures. This gets embarrassing when other people are near and notice you.:lol: I can imagine them saying to someone "Do you see that crazy old woman? She must be seeing things!" "What a nut" :eyes: :insane: πŸ˜† I have discovered that one can cover for this by pretending they are talking on a cellphone!:lol: πŸ˜†

πŸ˜† Sometimes I'd be driving the kids somewhere and they always knew when I was talking to myself. With my hands on the steering I was making small hand gestures as you naturally do when talking to someone. I stopped that because I never heard the end of their kidding.

πŸ˜†

talking to myself is what i normally take as 'thinking' but it isn't. :cow: it's chewing my cud.