The Cookie Chair

The Cookie Chair, Acrylic on canvas, 24in x 30in. This posting comes after reading a funny story of a wayward kitchen chair in someone's blog. I still have this chair.

The original title was 'The Boudoir Chair' but a friend pointed out to me that 'boudoir' in French meant cookie, so I changed the name to The Cookie Chair. I was quite perplexed with this because I had always thought that 'boudoir' had something to do with bedroom or bathroom in French.

Ha! Just recently, like two days ago, I found out that I was correct in the first place but can't go back to the friend to say I was right because I have not seen him in two years. And this was a man who spoke French and spent many years there. Ha! again.

In any event, The Cookie Chair it will stay. For some reason it fits.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to The Cookie Chair

πŸ˜€ Thanks Allan.

Well, call it whatever you want, it still makes a very good painting in my humble opinion.

it looks like a 'boudoir' cookie to me. 😎

4. cakkleberrylane says:

Wonderful painting! Very beautifully done!

5. Captivevet says:

My Aunt Evie once had a couple of chairs similar to the one you have depicted. One day, I placed my great bulk upon one of them, and the poor chair collapsed. Nothing left to do but send it to salvage.

Scott: πŸ˜† Thanks.Lois: Thank you. :happy:Tyler: Oops, I hope you didn't hurt yourself. Was she mad at you?

7. Captivevet says:

Only my pride my dear. At that Time I was just shy of 300lbs. It was not all that unusual for chairs to give up under me. My step-grandfather, finally told me that I couldn't sit on his furniture anymore, after the third time I broke one of his rocking chairs. I finally did lose some weight, but I am still a big man.

8. Captivevet says:

More on the subject of chairs. Many of the chairs where I live are old government surplus office chairs from the 1940s. There is no danger of these babies caving in, as they were designed for "fat cats".Get Up! Drink Coffee! Paint Pictures! Then Repeat!

I've a lime green chair w/ ottoman from the 40s or 50s in my living room. Besides the color, it is very unique in that the back is circular and made of a solid piece of curved wood. Eventually I will have it reupholstered because it has no padding and is not very comfortable. I bought it at a 2nd hand store.There is also a rocker that is probably 75 yrs old or more that someone gave to me. I will not get rid of it because the springs and rocker are fine. Just needs reuphostering as well. This one I may be able to do myself but the lime green one will have to be done professionally. I have three other all wood chairs out on my patio that I am working on. They were all found on the side of the road. I agree, things are not made the way they used to be. Ok….go ahead…call me a pack rat.

10. Captivevet says:

Yeah, ok your a packrat. I am always amazed at what you can find on the side of the road. Once I found a fifty gallon tank full of regular gas.

Very nice. I, too, work on the pile syndrome.

if we spend all our energy fixing old things, how will we get to the job of new works?

13. Captivevet says:

There will always be stuff.:coffee:

Studio41, "pile syndrome", I like that. :lol:Scott, no, not all my energy, just some of it. In between the times of fixing things, I have placed a board on my easel, got out my paints and some photo references and very soon, will be back at the easel. My mind is full of ideas. Tyler, yes there will always be stuff. Just lately I'm proud of myself for averting my eyes of the piles along the side of the road. It is time for the city to do trash pick up and people are allowed to throw out 'stuff' beginning two weeks before pickup. I am conditioning myself and I'm too close beginning painting again.

15. Captivevet says:

Put more of your efforts up. Your depictions of that diesel engine was outstanding.You have a fan club.

Typically, I now choose to remain buried beneath the 'pile' in lieu of applying my energy to climb to the top of it anymore. Too many forces at play. I'm letting the beauty grow alongside the weeds, in other words, and trust time and destiny to dictate what takes over. We had scavenger day curbside in our municipality awhile ago, I wish I hadn't given up my mother's folding chairs I inherited, however, as I stood by and watched a truck crunch them before my very eyes– please don't tell her. 😦

Tyler, I will be posting more of my work eventually plus, work in progress, when I'm back at the easel. My future daughter in law is here now so I will be busy with helping acclimate her to the States…and to the Arizona HEAT. Studio41, re: "Too many forces at play", I certainly know about that and watching as I gave away some of my mother's stuff. She must have had over a 1000 books. Somehow I, with the smallest house, got all of them plus three suitcases full of old pictures. No one else wanted to go through them but they made sure to tell me not to throw anything out before consulting them. It has been taken care of MY way.

18. Captivevet says:

Sometimes you just have to be brutal. Get your daughter-in-law to eat some hot peppers, they will thin her blood out and she won't be so uncomfrotable.

Nice to relate experiences πŸ™‚

20. Captivevet says:

That is how I survived two and half years in Houston. I drove around all day in a truck w/o AC. The peppers helped me to acclimate.

Tyler, about the peppers, I think the peppers in Vietnam are hotter than the ones we have in the states. Both she and my son are still suffering transatlantic flight syndrome. When I got back from Vietnam a year ago, it took me almost a week to get my body and sleeping pattern back in sync.

22. Captivevet says:

I have no idea what the cure is for "Jet Lag", except sleep.

23. TriforceOfAnnoyingness says:

lol

24. Captivevet says:

Had a bad misadventure down in Ohio. My best friend's woman made a pass at me. I had come to visit for the weekend, but I left at three in the morning, just four hours after I got there.

25. TriforceOfAnnoyingness says:

cool picture and funny name.

πŸ˜€ Thank you.

@tyler… good for the ego but not so good for the friendship. sorry. that must have been hard.

28. Captivevet says:

No, it was not good for the ego. It messed my weekend plans up badly also. Yesterday I had to call him and tell him what happened. :coffee:

I had three husbands of friends do that. Very disconcerting to me. I was appalled, discusted and embarrassed for them. I just never invited them to dinner ever again nor accept an invitation from them. Kinda sad because before these things happened, we had a lot of fun at gatherings. Maybe I should have told their wives but these friends (the men anyway) were more my husband's friends rather than mine.

30. Captivevet says:

People like that are not friends. The best they can be called is an aquaintence.:down:

so many people just have no conscience.

32. Captivevet says:

I have a conscience. I will admit that I have locked it in the closet from time to time. It always seems to get back out again tho.

33. dj-nozo says:

good picture !!

Thank you Aziz.

35. Captivevet says:

:coffee:

36. aellis403 says:

Firestar (which is his real user name) writes:reading about cookies makes me hungry. Anyone who wants to talk to me go on my page and PLEASE call me Firestar! i DON'T like to be called "aellis403."

37. Captivevet says:

One can only wonder?:coffee:

38. Captivevet says:

Furniture as food. I like it.

39. Lingzet says:

Hey….,that's an artistic chair l've ever seen. My daughter's so interested & asked me,'' ma….,the seat looks like my sweet cookies, can that be eaten?''.

40. Diadoliu says:

Ope's did i miss any thing funny.

41. Godpowermaru says:

Congrats to u all that are genuine in mind and speaking

42. Captivevet says:

Nice going on MOTW.:coffee:

Tyler: Thank you. It was sort of a hectic week for me as I'm not on here very long at a time. :coffee: Firestar: Yes, reading about food and seeing pictures of food makes me hungry. Lingzet: No, this chair can't be eaten.:lol: It actually has an ugly yellow plastic cushion and I wanted it to have a prettier, softer looking seat. Diadoliu: You're right. It's may not be as funny to most people but at the time, it was to me.Godpowermaru: Being geniune in mind is important.

44. Captivevet says:

Yes, but your agent would be ratting you out. That's how the paps are able to find celebs all of the time. Their own agents give them away.:cool:

45. Captivevet says:

The agent wants to advance the star's career, so that he can get his fat commision. I am surprized that more starts don't figure out who is ratting them out when they try to sneak out incognito.

You're probably right about that. Their incentive is that they probably get paid.

47. Captivevet says:

You must have done something right.:coffee:

I guess so. But I think if I was a celebrity and followed by paparazzi, I'd be doing lots of hiding.

49. aellis403 says:

Firestar writes:why thanx!! (i AM good at spelling i just like to be cool just bcuz im 16)

50. aellis403 says:

Firestar writes:painterwoman, i added u as a friend on My Opera. be sure to add me! (oh god im so hungry. I NEED THE COOKIE MONSTER TO GIVE ME COOKIES!!!)