In celebration of my 60th year on this earth

I thought I'd post some of my favorite quotes collected over the years. They pretty much stand for who I am.

+ “What I am seeking is not the real and not the unreal but rather the unconscious, the mystery of the instinctive in the human race.” – Modigliani …

+ “The emotions are sometimes so strong that I work without knowing it. The strokes come like speech.” – Vincent Van Gogh

+ “When I paint, the sea roars. The others splash about in the bath.” – Salvador Dali

+ “The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.” – Freida Kahlo

+ “Nature is not only all that is visible to the eye. It also includes the inner pictures of the soul.” – Edvard Munch

+ “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

+ “….. you must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never” –said by the character Rochester (played by Johnny Depp in The Libertine)

+”Sometimes people carry to such perfection the mask they have assumed that in due course they actually become the person they seem." From: The Moon and Sixpence by Somerset Maugham (one of my many favorite books)

+”Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.” George Sand (1804—1876)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to In celebration of my 60th year on this earth

1. noah counte says:

Happy birthday. I'm sorry I'm a day late, even though I knew it was coming. Shame on me!I hope a good time was had by all – especially you, since you were the reason for the party!

:yes: 😀 Welllllllll Conradulations!!!there is one thing in life that can never be taken from you, and that is your birthday.AnnnnndOut of all the can happen in the universe, the fact that you are is really pretty special. And I am glad to have met you.Happy Birthday :hat:

Thanks Mat. The pic is from…..well, I don't remember…but my daughters are now 26 and 30. I just always thought the pic showed my true kinda goofy self. My son, ex husband, brother and his wife, and my sister and I are actually going out tonight for a Mexican food dinner as a celebration. I miss my daughters who live in ND and IL. Thanks to you too Clance.I am glad to have 'cyberly' met both of you.:heart: :heart:

4. noah counte says:

LOL. Nothing wrong with IL. ND is a little off the beaten path!Have a great dinner. 🙂

Looking good and seemingly feeling the same! Happy (and very) belated. Very interesting quotes, enjoyed the reading.

Studio41: Thank you Jill. I just listened to 'White as Snow' on your blog. You have a beautiful voice.